ROLEX EXPLORER 114270
ROLEX EXPLORER 36mm
WHY THIS WATCH - EXCELLENT CONDITION, ROLEX SERVICE HISTORY (2015)
THINGS TO MENTION - NO ORIGINAL PAPERS
The Explorer line came to life sharply after Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay summitted Everest in 1953 wearing Oyster Perpetuals. Although early models were released in proceeding years, it wasn't until 1959 that a model was offered with the same aesthetics as the Explorers we see today. The model was the 6610 and it possessed a familiar 36mm case, black dial, 3-6-9 numerals and mercedes hands. The 114270 itself was released in 2001 but featured no designs changes in comparison to earlier 14270 and simply included the updated 3130 movement. The largest change to be experienced by the Explorer line came in 2010 when the 214270 was issued to replace the 114270. It included a 39mm case, a new bracelet, an engraved rehaut and a further updated 3132 movement.
This example is offered in excellent condition with no signs of wear across the case or bracelet. Included is the original box and Rolex service card and receipt from 2015.
- 2004 Fxxxxxx reference number
- 36mm wide polished and brushed stainless steel case, 11mm height
- 20mm brushed and polished stainless steel oyster bracelet
- 3130 Rolex date movement, 50 hours power reserve
- Polished stainless steel bezel, matte black dial with white gold applied markers
- Rolex signed crown and sterile Rolex caseback
Original box, Rolex service card and receipt
GOT A TUDOR OR ROLEX TO TRADE IN OR SELL, GET IN TOUCH!