Rolex Submariner 16610
WHY THIS WATCH - EXCELLENT CONDITION, FULLY SERVICED, ORIGINAL BOX & ACCESSORIES
THINGS TO MENTION - NO ORIGINAL PAPERS
Following the 16800 and 168000, it can be said that the 16610 (as well as 16613 and 16618) was the first fully 'modern' Submariner. With cases in production from 1986, but not being released until 1988, this was the first Rolex Sub released with sapphire crystal, gloss dial and 31** generation movement. The release coincided with the start of production for the no-date equivalent, the 14060. However similarly this also took 2 years to be released, not being offered until 1990. Even though the 14060 also possessed a sapphire crystal and gloss dial, the movement used was still the inferior previous generation 30** movement. Arguably the pinnacle of the 16610's 22 year lifespan came with the 16610LV 'Kermit' celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Submariner - now very highly sought after, especially the early 'flat 4' variants. Although the 16610 isn't typically the cheapest date Submariner, it offers the best value entry point into the 'modern' Rolex Submariner world.
This example is offered in excellent condition with little signs of wear and a beautifully full case. It is dated from 2004, and comes fully serviced by our highly skilled and decorated watchmaker prior to sale. Included is the original box, hangtags, depth rating anchor, previous Rolex service card and booklet from 2016 and current service warranty cards.
- 2004 Fxxxxxx reference number.
- 40mm wide polished and brushed stainless steel case, 12mm height
- 20mm polished and brushed stainless steel oyster bracelet
- 3135 Rolex movement, date function, 50 hours power reserve.
- Black aluminium bezel insert, gloss black dial with white applied markings
- Rolex signed crown and caseback
- Original box, hangtags, depth rating anchor, previous Rolex service card and booklet and service warranty cards.
GOT A TUDOR OR ROLEX TO TRADE IN OR SELL, GET IN TOUCH!