Rolex Submariner 16613
WHY THIS WATCH - EXCELLENT CONDITION, FULLY SERVICED
THINGS TO MENTION - NO ORIGINAL PAPERS, SCRATCH ON BEZEL INSERT
Following the 16803, it can be said that the 16613 (as well as 16610 and 16618) was the first fully 'modern' Submariner. With cases in production from 1986, but not being released until 1988, this was the first Rolex Sub released with sapphire crystal, gloss dial and 31** generation movement. The release coincided with the start of production for the no-date equivalent, the 14060. However similarly this also took 2 years to be released, not being offered until 1990. Even though the 14060 also possessed a sapphire crystal and gloss dial, the movement used was still the inferior previous generation 30** movement. Arguably the pinnacle of the 16613's lifespan came with the introduction of the 'Serti' dial, showcasing a beautiful mix of diamond an ruby hour markers - now very sought after. Although the 16610/11613 isn't typically the cheapest date Submariner, it offers the best value entry point into the 'modern' Rolex Submariner world.
This example is offered in excellent condition with little signs of wear and a beautifully full case. One area to note is the scratch on the bezel at the 15 minute mark. It is dated from 2003, and comes fully serviced by our highly skilled and decorated watchmaker prior to sale. Included is the original box, depth rating anchor, manuals, COSC hangtag and current service warranty cards.
- 2003 Yxxxxxx reference number.
- 40mm wide polished and brushed stainless steel case, 12mm height
- 20mm polished and brushed stainless steel and yellow gold oyster bracelet
- 3135 Rolex movement, date function, 50 hours power reserve.
- Navy aluminium bezel insert, yellow gold bezel, sunburst blue dial with white applied markings, yellow gold crown
- Rolex signed crown and caseback
- Original box, depth rating anchor, manuals, COSC hangtag and current service warranty cards.
GOT A TUDOR OR ROLEX DIVE WATCH TO TRADE IN OR SELL, GET IN TOUCH!