Rolex Submariner 16800
WHY THIS WATCH - EXCELLENT CONDITION, FULLY SERVICED
THINGS TO MENTION - NO BOX/PAPERS
The Rolex Submariner 16800 is a beautiful balance of vintage and modern, and created a standard for Rolex dive watches that is still present to this day - sapphire crystal, 300 metres depth rating, quickset date function. The majority of 16800's sported a matte, painted dial whilst only a small number (from 1984 onwards) featured a gloss dial with white gold applied markers. The earlier matte dialled examples are often called the transitional Submariner as they bridge the gap from 'vintage' to 'modern', incorporating aspects of both, with the latter gloss dialled examples considered transitional to a lesser extent. In either variant, the 16800 is a very solid and reliable watch and offers a great entry level price point into the world of Rolex Submariners.
This example is in great condition, with nicely defined lugs and a clean unpolished bracelet. It is dated from 1984, and comes fully serviced, with service papers and warranty.
- 1984 83xxxxx reference number.
- 40mm wide polished and brushed stainless steel case, 12mm height
- 20mm polished and brushed stainless steel oyster bracelet
- 3035 Rolex movement, date function, 50 hours power reserve.
- Black aluminium bezel insert, gloss black dial with white applied markings
- Rolex signed crown and caseback
GOT A TUDOR OR ROLEX TO TRADE IN OR SELL, GET IN TOUCH!