TUDOR HERITAGE BLACK BAY 79220R
TUDOR BLACK BAY RED (ETA)
WHY THIS WATCH - MINT CONDITION, DESIRABLE ETA BASED MOVEMENT, FULL BOX/PAPERS/NATO, FULLY SERVICED IN 2019, NATO STRAP UNWORN
THINGS TO MENTION - N/A
The original and first Black Bay! THE watch that started Tudor's rise throughout the 2010's, firmly cementing them as a front runner in the swiss watch industry once again. The discontinued ETA based Black Bay's are now very sought after and have increased in value over the past few years. The 79220R itself is vintage inspired and pays tribute to a few reference points throughout Tudor's history. The obvious ones being the gilt dial markings and the oversized, unprotected crown - reminiscent of vintage Tudor Submariners from the 50's and 60's. A much less obvious reference is the red bezel - it's inspiration coming from a prototype 79xxx Submariner that possessed an equally alluring burgundy coloured bezel (a watch never released and scarcely documented or photographed). Needless to say, and rightfully so, this watch was, and still is, a massive success!
This example is offered in mint, like-new condition and with all the original box, papers and manuals. This is a true collectors piece, and one that is sure to continue rising in value. The watch was fully serviced in 2019.
- 2013 Jxxxxxx reference number.
- 41mm wide polished and brushed stainless steel case, 13mm height
- 22mm polished and brushed stainless steel bracelet, and 22mm nylon Tudor NATO strap
- 2824 ETA movement, 38 hours power reserve
- Red bezel insert, matte black dial with gilt markings
- Tudor signed crown and caseback
- Original box, original warranty card and manuals
SOMETHING TO TRADE IN OR SELL, GET IN TOUCH!