TUDOR HERITAGE BLACK BAY 79230R
TUDOR BLACK BAY RED
WHY THIS WATCH - GREAT CONDITION, COMPLETE FULL SET INC. ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT & HANGTAG, 2 YEARS TUDOR WARRANTY REMAINING
THINGS TO MENTION - LIGHT SIGNS OF WEAR ON THE BRACELET, SMALL SCRATCH ON BEZEL AT '50' MARKER
The second generation of the Black Bay Red - taking the huge success of the first generation ETA based watch, the 79230 era adds an in-house movement, but not just any in-house movement. The MT5602 gave significant benefits over the ETA 2824 - larger power reserve, greater accuracy (COSC certified) and increased durability. The 79230R is heavily influenced and inspired by Tudor history and pays tribute to a few reference points. The obvious ones being the gilt dial markings and the oversized, unprotected crown - reminiscent of vintage Tudor Submariners from the 50's and 60's. A much less obvious reference is the red bezel - it's inspiration coming from a prototype 79xxx Submariner that possessed an equally alluring burgundy coloured bezel (a watch never released and scarcely documented or photographed). The Black Bay Red is, and will continue to be, one of the cornerstones of Tudor's offerings.
This example is offered in great condition, with light sign of wear. It comes as a complete full set - original box, papers, manuals, hangtag, and purchase receipt.
- 2019 Ixxxxxx reference number, dating from 26/06/2019
- 3.5 year Tudor warranty, until 12/2022
- 41mm wide polished and brushed stainless steel case, 14mm height
- 22mm polished and brushed stainless steel bracelet
- MT5602 in-house Tudor movement, 70 hours power reserve
- Red bezel insert, matte black dial with gilt markings
- Tudor signed crown and caseback
- Original box, original warranty card, manuals and hangtag
SOMETHING TO TRADE IN OR SELL, GET IN TOUCH!